Skip to main content

FUN LITTLE ART - the New Art Channel with Drawing videos for Kids!

Hi everyone!

The summer passed and fall is here. And I have an announcement! I just recently released my new art channel called "Fun Little Art" that is dedicated to drawing videos for children. If you have kids around you who love to draw, share these with them! I'm sure they will enjoy them and maybe even learn ;)





HOW IT CAME ABOUT


I have had my main "Kate Holloman" channel for years. Even though my channel is primarily about art, it became popular because of a video of my husband and then 8mo son (it's pretty cute), but it seems like all the people that watch that video and subscribe to my channel don't really have any expectation to see art videos so those aren't watched as much. What a bummer! So I decided that it might be worth a try to have a channel that is clearly only about one thing and people won't be confused. And since I am a mom of two kids, drawing for them is something I do a lot anyway. Then I saw some other channels that were doing really well, and that was the last encouragement I needed. I thought about a name and a logo, and within a couple days, the channel was born! 



WHAT IS IT ABOUT


This channel has drawing videos for children from preschool to elementary school age. Not only do these videos provide a follow-along inspiration to draw themselves, but parents can use these (mainly with the younger ones) to teach vocabulary. That's actually the other reason I decided to start this channel. I don't speak during it, there is only background music. I do this with my younger daughter and other bilingual parents can do this too - take the same video, and point out objects, colors, etc, in both languages! It's fun and good language practice. 



WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT

I decided to start off with mainly thematic art. That is thematic to the seasons and activities done during them. If it was summer, I was sharing videos about marine life. Now it's fall and I am sharing videos about drawing trees and leaves changing colors, harvest and there will be more, like woodland animals, some landscapes etc. It's probably obvious what I will be drawing during the winter season :) (can't wait for that one!) 



WHAT CAN YOU DO


If you like my new channel, please subscribe, like and comment on my videos. That will help me a lot and encourage me. Trust me, in the big world of youtube, every single like and comment is pretty huge! What you can also do is share specific playlists with your friends, and definitely let me know what your kids like to draw and what kinds of videos you like to see. I know that during these main 4 seasons people like to do seasonal crafts and if you have something specific as to what you'd like to draw with your kids, do let me know! That video can make it public before others that are lined up :)





THANK YOU

For reading my blog and giving a little attention to my channel. I truly appreciate every reader!

Have a great day and great season!

with greetings from the Czech republic
Kate Holloman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Art for a Devotional meeting

I decided to return to my blog with a special post. We are having summer camps here in the Czech Republic, and my mother-in-law shared her testimony and an encouragement from the Bible last night to a group of our girl volunteers. Anxiety is something that a lot of us struggle with, and often it is hard to talk about it. It could be because we are embarrassed or uncomfortable to admit it, to share about it, and are worried about what people are going to think as to - why we actually struggle. I really appreciate talking openly about such things. So when my mother-in-law asked me if I could illustrate a specific Bible verse in a live-art session while she shares with the group, I was really excited and said yes. The meeting was very uplifting, and in the end, some of the girls started opening up to us. So I would like to share this illustration with you all as well. Feel free to print out and colour it in, or share with a friend. (However it is not meant for redistribution and if you

Paint Party Friday - Original ACEOs of BUILDINGS in my country

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to see these! I missed the last (and the first) Paint Party Friday  and I was really sad about it cause I was looking forward A LOT. Well, I am glad that I made it for this friday, although I am like THE LAST on the list. oh well... hopefully someone will still come visit :) In the last months I've had an idea to paint scenes from my country (the Czech republic), but since landscapes and building were always a challenge for me, I didn't really know what format I should go for and what medium to use. And then I finally got it! ACEO! Watercolor and Acrylics... why not :) I enjoy painting little things so much and figured that it could ease it up for me with such challenging themes. Well, I simply want to share the beauties of my home country, because I myself adore them. So here are first three. Hope you will like them!! This is town's square of Kromeriz, you can see a castle's tower on the left, right behind it are the castle gard

BIRDs and PARROTs on ACEOs :)

Hi, I am back with some samples of what I've been doing lately. As you probably already know, I love ACEOs and the whole concept of small art fascinates me. Here are some birds and some parrots. The rest you can find in my shop http://katehollart.etsy.com